We've been waiting for months to see what ex-Disney CEO Bob Chapek's tell-all memoir would deliver about his time leading the Mouse House — and what happened behind the scenes that led Bob Iger to return to power. Now, in an excerpt shared with THR, Chapek has his say. It's safe to put it that, in Chapek's telling, Bob feels like he's getting slighted over and over. There's all sorts of minor aggressions detailed here. Here's how Chapek describes feeling over not getting Iger's fancier office:
The day after my announcement, I flew to New York to meet with investors and participate in more media interviews. I still hadn’t even been inside my new office at Disney, which I learned would not be the same one Bob had occupied as CEO. Famous for liking to get to the office early and working out, Bob had a private shower in his office.
“You don’t need a shower in your office,” he told me.
I didn’t want to make things any more awkward than they already were, so I readily acquiesced. I didn’t care about the trappings of a fancy office. I was just excited to have the job. I took a different office. The symbolism loomed large, as I would later experience.
Full Excerpt: "How Chapek’s Disney Dream Turned Nightmare"
In Film...
► Warner Bros. pushes Gremlins movie nearly a year. The film will now open in October 2028, back from November 2027. Chris Columbus, who wrote the 1984 original Gremlins, is directing. There's more moves in this release date shuffle.
► Major Gaza doc NAZA sets release plan. The film from No Other Land directors Yuval Abraham and Rachel Szor will have a North American premiere at the N.Y. Film Festival, to be followed by a theatrical release starting Oct. 9 and now a global rollout.
► Delroy Lindo’s directorial debut lines up heavyweight cast. Winston Duke, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Wendell Pierce and Seyi Andes-Pelumi are starring in Jabari’s People, a family drama that wrapped in Kingston, Jamaica after a 22-day shoot.
► Justin Baldoni's indie boxing drama finds stars. Carlos Sanson Jr., Rosario Dawson and George Lopez will topline the Gina Rodriguez-directed feature that is currently in production in SoCal.
Quote of the Day
"I'm sorry to say we’re adults … It’s not always black and white," Ari Emanuel on Hollywood ties to Saudi Arabia's Prince Mohammed bin Salman, adding that he thinks MBS has now "done some incredible stuff."
► Fathom bets on Transformers rerelease at box office — and wins. The 1986 cult animated film has grossed $5 million globally, leading hundreds of movie theaters worldwide running the film past its originally scheduled time: "We're thrilled."
► Cineplex puts up "for sale" sign. The exhibitor, which operates 1,606 movie screens at 156 locations, has put itself up for sale while unveiling former Landmark Cinemas head Bill Walker as its new CEO, replacing Ellis Jacob, who is retiring.
► Searchlight's Family Stone sequel enlists Jean Smart. The Hacks star has been cast alongside Claire Danes, Rachel McAdams, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Jessica Parker and other returning stars for the sequel to the 2005 holiday feature. Details.
► Ex-Miramax exec launches indie banner. Svp of film Munika Lay and indie producer Toni Wang have teamed for the newly titled Luna Media. Its slate includes a wrapped feature, Tap Twice, from King Bach, aka Andrew Bachelor. More.
► R.I.P., a Golden Age "Press Agent." Dick Guttman, who spent more than 70 years as a Hollywood publicist with a client list that included Gary Cooper, Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood, William Holden, Elizabeth Taylor and Buzz Aldrin, has died. He was 93.
Rep Sheet: Pierre Coffin, the Minions creator, signs with WME, as have pop artist Mary Ann Alexander and visual artist Daniel Arsham. Red carpet host Nicky Campbell and sports creator Kinsey Wolanski ink at CAA, Love Island USA cast member Caleb McDaniel lands at UTA, Only Murders in the Building regular Aaron Dominguez inks at Paradigm. Author Quan Millz signs at Verve, writer-producer Isa Mazzei inks at Gersh.